Superfood of the Week: Goji Berries
For centuries, Chinese herbalists have relied on Goji berries for the powerful health benefits the fruit provides. A single serving contains a full days worth of vitamin A and they are rich in anti-oxidants, minerals, and fiber. They contain all 8 essential amino acids and are also a fine source of vitamin C. Goji berry has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years as a health tonic to promote overall health and healthy eyesight, strengthen the immune system, protect the liver, improve circulation and sperm production, and to enhance sexual performance. It has also been used as a remedy for diabetes, anemia, tinnitus, and lung diseases.
• High in antioxidants.
• Contains all 8 essential amino acids and 21 trace minerals
• Enhance mineral uptake
• Stabilize the immune system
• Stabilize blood glucose levels.
Excerpted from David Wolfe’s book Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
• Increased ratings for energy level
• Increased athletic performance
• Improved quality of sleep
• Improved ease of awakening
• Increased ability to focus on activities
• Increased Mental Acuity
• Increased Calmness, and feelings of health, contentment, and happiness.
• Reduced fatigue and stress, and improved regularity of gastrointestinal function.
One of the most amazing things about this berry is that it has been shown to actually protect against DNA damage and reduce DNA damage that has already occurred in animals … which means it may very well counteract aging.
They are also incredibly tasty! Give goji berries a try, you can add it to almost any dish or smoothie. You’ll only need about a tablespoon or two of goji berries, as they are a potent nutritional source.
Leave a Reply