Acai Queen Raw Smoothie Recipe
This week as I was doing my groceries, I decided to try out something new. Instead of choosing powdered acai, I picked out the acai that comes in frozen packs. I made sure that it had no other ingredient other than acai, to keep it raw and unprocessed of course! I picked up a few other ingredients and went home to prepare a masterpiece. The result was absolutely H E A V E N L Y! I think I like the frozen acai version much better.
I’d also like to mention that Acai is one of my favorite superfoods. It truly is a powerful berry.
Here’s a list of its amazing benefits:
• Boosts energy when consumed regularly.
• Boosts immune and metabolic function.
• Slows down aging process.
• Contains unique plant chemical compounds not found in any other fruit on the planet.
• Acai’s ORAC level (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is over 3,500, which is hundreds of times higher than your average fruits like apples and bananas.
• Packs more protein than an egg.
• Improves hair, skin and nails.
• May help with arthritis, inflammation, obesity, erectile dysfunction, neurological diseases and allergies.
• Easy to find in grocery stores (just make sure to check labels and only choose products that are 100% acai).
1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
2-3 Cups Coconut Water ( or a whole Young Thai Coconut)
1 Acai frozen pack or 2 tbsp Acai powder. 1/2 Cup Blueberries
1/2 Cup Strawberries
2 Large Ripe Bananas
1 Heaping Spoon of your favorite nut butter (I used Artisana Raw / Living Cashew Butter)
1 Tbsp Bee Pollen (optional)
First soak chia seeds for 3-4 minutes in coconut water ( a bowl will do) while you prepare everything else. Place the nut butter in the blender first, then the acai, blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Once chia seeds have expanded in the coconut water, pour the entire bowl of chia and coco water in the blender. Blend. Sprinkle bee pollen on top. And voila! You’ve got yourself a slice of heaven.
Yields 32 Oz. (1-2 Servings)
Leave a Reply